Friday 2 April 2010

Some other ways to combat that feeling of impending doom

None of you have suggested the techniques I have used successfully to overcome that gnawing feeling of impending doom.

1) I used positive affirmations. At every available opportunity I’d self-talk using statements like, “I have good health, vitality and prosperity. I am at one with my Higher Power and trust absolutely” “If God is for me, who can be against me?” “I have enough money not to have to worry about money”
“I love myself and my fellow man” “I keep my life simple”, etc.

2) Every night before going to sleep I’d read to myself statements like, “I wake up in the morning and solve all my problems” “I wake up in the morning and feel positive and ready and eager to face the day” “I wake up in the morning and I know that everything will work out exactly as they’re meant to”, etc.

3) I recorded a tape of my favourite songs and, interspersed with the songs, I recorded positive statements about myself, like, “I love myself” “I’m successful and have loads of friends” “I’m popular and treasure my friends” “I’m a fantastic guy and I’m bubbling with life” “I have a passion for life” “I’m a survivor and am on my way to achieving my full potential”. Having recorded the tape I’d then play it to myself first thing in the morning.

4) I also set myself realistic, achievable goals. Now you’ve got to get this right. The goals MUST be set in the present tense, as if you have already achieved the goal. For example, “I am earning £15,000 a year” Note that I don’t say, “I will earn £15,000 a year” but “I AM earning £15,000 a year”.

The goal must also be realistic. You can’t, for example say “I am earning £50,000 a year” when you’re only earning £10,000 at present. That’s unrealistic, and the subconscious won’t accept it. Adding 50% to your present income IS realistic however. You’re achievable, realistic goal would therefore be “I am earning £15,000 a year”. Gedd it?


It’s OK, incidentally, to set materialistic goals. Quite often the lack of money can be the cause of that feeling of impending doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment