Saturday 6 June 2009

Living in the solution

Another important lesson I've learnt is that no matter how bleak, how dark or hopeless a situation might seem, there is always something positive lurking there, somewhere underneath - and that if I look long and hard enough, I'll always find that something positive. Once I've found it, however, I'm no longer living in the problem - I'm living in the solution.

It's up to me, though. Nobody else will do it for me. Nobody else will get me positive but me.

I'm reminded of a friend of mine who came across a beautiful garden in deepest Snowdonia. "Wow!" said my friend to the gardener, who was tending to his roses by the entrance, "God has been good to you giving you this garden."

"You should have seen it when God was in charge of it" said the gardener, "it was a jungle then!"

See? The gardener had to do the work. Likewise, the recovering alcoholic (or addict) has to do the work of training his/or her mind to become positive.

How do we do that?

By challenging Negative thoughts (that are always based on lies), and replacing them with Rational thoughts (that are based on facts).

This is how we create our own Heaven out of the Hell of addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment